The first module, REVOLUTIONARY WRITING, is just the beginning! Please view, read, introduce yourself, comment, and generally have fun!
THE HERO’S JOURNEY
Lifewriting uses Joseph Campbell’s model of “The Hero’s Journey” for multiple purposes: to analyze story, to plot story, to plan the creation of a project, or to map the path to a goal. It is infinitely flexible, and is one fine approach to understanding the path of human life.
As we interpret it, the steps are:
1) The Hero is confronted with a challenge
2) Initially they reject the challenge
3) They are forced or allowed to accept it.
4) The Road of Trials
5) Gathering Allies and Powers
6) Initial confrontation with evil, and defeat
7) The Dark Night of the Soul
8) The Leap of Faith
9) Confront evil again, and gain victory
10) The student becomes the teacher.
We suggest that you apply this pattern to five of your favorite movies. Share your interpretations with us so that we can learn as well. And then…apply it to the process of reaching your next goal!
We’ll be building this up over the next days, but for right now, please enjoy the video, and post thoughts! So look to your LEFT, choose the appropriate week and get started!
This site is for the discussion of Steven Barnes & Tananarive Due’s
Revolutionary Writing / Writing for Social Change
If you have purchased the course then please log in.
To purchase the course please follow this link: