fbpx

Could we try to set up something like slack for real time conversations?

Home Forums Support Could we try to set up something like slack for real time conversations?

It would be awesome to have a place to have some real time chats, set up meetings, hold writing groups etc. Do you think we could set something like that up somehow? Forums are great but have a time wall and a bit of a disconnect in conversation.

Slack seems to be working well for cruise alumni, so maybe something like that?

Thanks!
-Austin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael

OK. Private Messaging is enabled.

Getting to it is a little more obscure than I’d like:

Hover over your username in the upper-right corner of the page.
      Move the mouse down to the “Messages” sub-menu.
      Select the action that you’d like to take.
      Once there you can get to the other actions via tabs.

When you have messages, you will see the “notifications” counter next to your user name will be non-zero.

Michael

I’m not familiar with Slack, but there is a “Private Messaging” system built into the software we’re using. I’ll turn that on after I finish some other chores.

I see that there is also a plugin that replaces the built-in messaging with Slack; so, I can look into moving to that if that is where people want me to spend my development time.

Hmmm, sounds like I need to implement a voting system for people to help prioritize my development time. 🙂

Stina Leicht
      Participant

I, too, like Slack. It’s great for real-time conversations.

Austin Alander
      Participant

It would be awesome to have a place to have some real time chats, set up meetings, hold writing groups etc. Do you think we could set something like that up somehow? Forums are great but have a time wall and a bit of a disconnect in conversation.

Slack seems to be working well for cruise alumni, so maybe something like that?

Thanks!
      -Austin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar